VatiCAN, short for vetted, authenticated CAN bus, is a software library designed as a software-only drop-in replacement for electronic control units (ECUs) for cars.
The vatiCAN library is provided as Arduino library with an elaborative example on how to use it.
- Install the library through the “Add .ZIP file function”
- Choose Examples/vatican/AUthenticatedPingPong and click Verify.
- Connect two Arduinos with a CAN bus shield (We use SeeedStudio’s CAN Bus Shield)
- Select the Arduino port of the 1st Arduino
- Click Upload to upload the compiled program to the first Arduino.
- Select the serial port of the other Arduino
- Click Upload to upload the compiled program to the second Arduino.
- Open the Serial Monitor (Ctrl+Shift+M or Cmd+Shift+M) to interact with VatiCAN.
See the Documentation for further details on how to interact with the provided example code.